Before you start loading the truck, you will want to ask your moving company the following questions. Take time to get moving quotes from any company you are interested in working with. Moving can be very costly and asking these questions ahead of time will save you time and money, and relieve some unnecessary stress.
- How long has your company been in business for? A company with years of experience on their belt is normally more likely to provide good customer service, and provide more accurate moving quotes. It’s not to say new companies won’t provide you quality service, but there is some reassurance in a company with a long list of client referrals and successful and proven moving processes.
- What are my pricing options? Ask a professional moving company what your moving options are and see how willing they are to sit down and walk you through them. A company who rushes through and doesn’t want to accommodate you, will probably provide average to poor service and may even try to over quote you. Take the time to work through all of your options and choose the best services for your move.
- How long the move will take and how many hours approximately they will need? If your moving quote is based on the amount of hours the company will work, you will want to know how long it will take for the move to be completed to accurately project the total cost. Furthermore, if you are making a corporate move you will want to have little disturbance to business activity, therefore a quick move is critical.
- Are there any additional fees? Some companies will charge fees for larger items or awkward or fragile items. Pricing may also change depending on the distance of your move. Any additional charges should be discussed ahead of time and agreed upon. This way you won’t be surprised with any additional costs on the day of your move or after the fact.
- What type of insurance coverage do I need? Some moving companies offer you insurance that can be added at an additional cost and is usually based on weight. So you need to evaluate the value of your goods versus what the insurance policy will cost should your belongings arrive damaged or lost. You may also be able to seek other insurance coverage outside of your moving company.
Remembering to ask these types of questions up front when you are getting moving quotes will make your move preparations a breeze. At McWilliams Moving & Storage, our goal is to make your move easy and efficient. This includes the use of our Move In Hand App, available on our website. Contact us today if you have any question about our moving services.