Class A & D DRIVERS
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Employment
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
We are currently seeking Drivers to join the McWilliams team in performing all tasks required to transport goods and materials across Ontario, Canada, and US routes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Operate and drive vehicles on local, interurban and international routes
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems & equipment.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo in international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
Education & License
- High School, GED, vocational or technical training
- On-the-job training is provided
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required
- Class A or D license is required to drive vehicles
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes
Job Requirements & Experience
- 1- year safe driving experience
- Valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Some out-of-town overnight stays required
- Must be bondable
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude.
How to Apply:
If you would like to pursue this employment opportunity with McWilliams, you may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please reference Driver in the subject line of the email when applying for the position.
McWilliams welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in McWilliams. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.